Location: Home - News - Campus news
Call for Applications: International Student Ambassadors for the University Promotional Events in Winter Vacation 2018
Date: 2017-12-12 - Views:1861
In 1921, Mr. Tan Kah Kee, a renowned patriotic leader of overseas Chinese, founded Xiamen University (XMU), making it the first higher-learning institution established by overseas Chinese in the nation’s modern education history. In September 2017, it has been officially announced that XMU is now supported by the “World-class University” and “World-class Discipline” Project, conducted by China’s Ministry of Education. According to the U.S. News & World Report’s and others’ Global University Rankings, XMU is ranked top 12 among the over 2,000 universities in Mainland China. Nestled snugly between the hills and the sea, XMU is one of the most beautiful campuses in the world. Its long and proud tradition of scholarly excellence and its leadership in a broad range of disciplines have earned it a prestigious reputation as the “Strength of Southern China”.
I. About the Event
Currently, over 3,000 international students from over 130 countries and regions are studying at XMU, of whom nearly 1,500 are degree students. To enhance the sense of respecting and loving the university, to reveal XMU’s commitment to internationalization, the Admissions Office, Overseas Students Affairs Office and Youth League Committee have initiated a program to encourage the international students to participate in the University Promotional Events in winter vacation 2018.
We invite international students to become a bridge and promote the friendships between XMU and their home high school. International students can use the winter vocation to visit the home high school and organize various kinds of University Promotional Events. By introducing XMU, the application procedures and scholarships policies, international students can then encourage their junior schoolmates to apply for XMU.
1. Undergraduate international students who are going to return to their home countries during the 2018 winter vacations; postgraduates are also welcomed.
2. International students who love XMU and display a willingness to participate in the University Promotional Events.
3. International students who are open-minded and have strong communication and coordination skills.
4. International students who have previous experience in University Promotional Events will be given a priority.
III. Key Responsibilities
1. To share your own life and study experience in XMU through photos, videos, PowerPoints and other creative ways; show XMU’s commitment to internationalization and raise its fame.
2. To communicated with the principal or counselling director from the high school; Introduce XMU’s Key disciplines, internationalization and open-ended education, policies of talents trainings and scholarships; Encourage the high school to recommend more excellent students to apply for XMU.
3. To provide application information and instructions to prospective students through WeChat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Line and other social platforms.
4. To email the Feedback Form, event photos, reports and other related electronic materials to email@example.com after the event and no later than Mach 9, 2018.
IV. Benefits and Rewards
1. Certificate for Social Practice
You can earn the certificate for social practice if the achievement passes the review.
2. Show Your Charm
You can share your own life and study experience in XMU with teachers and students in your high school.
3. Improve Your Skills
You can practice skills in organizing events, social contacts, public speech, and making PowerPoints.
4. Outstanding “International Student Ambassador” Award
You can be nominated for the Outstanding “International Student Ambassador” Award if the achievement is excelling.
5. Specialized Training
You can have specialized training in admission policy, university culture and administrative features.
6. Souvenir Gifts
You can get the XMU prospectus, bookmarks, hand-drawn maps, etc. for the promotional events.
7. Become a Key Ambassador
You may have more opportunity to participate in University’s other foreign receptions and make your resume stand out from the crowd.
V. Selection Procedure
Application Deadline: December 24, 2017.
Please click https://jinshuju.net/f/O9Ai2h to submit your application. Candidates will be shortlisted for the interview in late December, 2017. The final list will be published in early January 2018, and specialized training will be held later.
VI. Contact Information
l XMU Admissions Office
Tel: 0086-592-2184792 Fax: 0086-592-2180256
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Web: http://admissions.xmu.edu.cn
l XMU Overseas Students Affairs Office
Tel: 0086-592-2183606 Fax: 0086-592-2183663
Email: email@example.com Web: http://xsc.xmu.edu.cn
l XMU Youth League Committee
Tel: 0086-592-2185575 Fax: 0086-592-2186206
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Web: http://tw.xmu.edu.cn