Application for Chinese Government Scholarship 2011, Xiamen University
The “Chinese Government Scholarships — University Postgraduate Study Programme”, set up by the Ministry of Education of China (MOE) in 2008, is aimed at promoting China 's higher education. Enrolment is managed directly by China 's key universities. As a national key comprehensive university, Xiamen University undertakes the enrolment of international postgraduates under this government scholarship.
2. Categories of applicants and duration of scholarship
Categories of Applicant
Duration of Study and Scholarship
Master's Degree Students
2-3 academic years
Doctoral Degree Students
3-4 academic years
Courses start from September 2011. Scholarship students with a one-year Chinese language courses before the major studies will have their scholarship extended for one year.
Scholarship availability ： 30
3. Scholarship details
- Exemption from tuition fee, laboratory experiment fee, internship fee, fee for basic learning materials and accommodation on campus;
- Living allowance: RMB 1,700 / month/person for master's students; RMB 2,000 / month /person for doctoral students;
- One-ff settlement subsidy1, 500RMB/person after registration;
- Out-patient medical services together with Comprehensive Medical Insurance 600RMB/year/person;
- International travel expenses: self-afforded;
For more scholarship details, please visit China Scholarship Council (CSC) Web (http://www.csc.edu.cn)
1). Applicants must be non-Chinese citizens and in good health.
2). Applicants are not current students in Chinese universities. Students already studying in China can apply for Distinguished International Student Scholarship provided by the CSC. For more information, please see http://www.csc.edu.cn
3). Educational background and age limits:
Applicants for master's studies must hold a bachelor's degree and not be older than 35.
Applicants for doctoral studies must hold a master's degree and not be older than 40.
5. Application time: from Feb. 1, 2011 to March 15, 2011
6. Application process
1)Applicants are eligible for scholarship application only after they are admitted to the master's and doctoral programmes in the university. (For postgraduate application information please visit http://admissions.xmu.edu.cn: How to apply for master's / doctoral programmes 2011)
2)Applicants should make the online application on: http://laihua.csc.edu.cn (The agency number of Xiamen University is 10384).Applicants should print out the Chinese Government Application Form and send it together with other application materials before the deadline to the Admissions Office.
7. Selection process and release of results
1. A panel of experts will be responsible for the scholarship candidates' selection. Exceptional applicants will be selected according to their application materials, supervisor's opinions and so on.
2. The university will submit the list of candidates to China Scholarship Council on around April 15th. Once approved by China Scholarship Council, the final results will timely come out on the web of the Admissions Office (usually in June). Scholarship awardees will receive Admission Notice and Visa Application Form (JW201) timely. Please pay attention to the update of our website.
Address: Admissions Office of Xiamen University
Xiamen University , 361005 Fujian Province , P.R. China
Tel: +86 (0)592 2184792 Fax: +86 (0)592 218 0256
Email: email@example.com Web: http://admissions.xmu.edu.cn