Fujian Provincial Govt. Scholarship
Application Guidelines for 2019 Fujian Provincial Government Scholarships
In 2012, in an effort to further strengthen the educational exchange and cooperation between Fujian Province and the rest of the world, and to promote healthy development of the education for international students, Fujian provincial government set up scholarships for international students studying in degree programs. Scholarship awardees will have their tuition and on-campus accommodation fees covered for one year.
1. Applicants must be non-Chinese citizens in good health.
2. Educational background and age limits (as of September 1, 2019):
(1) Bachelor’s degree programs: hold a high school diploma or above and be under the age of 30;
(2) Master's degree programs: hold a bachelor's degree or above and be under the age of 35;
(3) Doctoral degree programs: hold a master's degree or above and be under the age of 40.
III. Academic Programs
1. Chinese-medium degree programs.
Please refer to the Academic Programs section at .
2. English-medium degree programs.
Please refer to the Programs in English section at .
IV. Duration of Scholarships: one year.
The University will select the best candidates from the pool of students who have passed the review to apply for the scholarship again in the following year. The shortlisted candidates will be submitted to the Fujian Provincial Department of Education for final approval.
V. Scholarships Quota: To be determined.
VI. Scholarships Content: Tuition and on-campus accommodation fees.
Scholarships awardees of the 2019 cohort need to first complete registration as a self-supporting new student, and pay all the fees required for study within the stipulated time. Around the second semester of the award year, the University will return the relevant fees that were originally paid by the recipients in accordance with the scholarships’ content.
VII. Application Period: February 1 to May 10, 2019.
Application for the Scholarships will be considered only after the applicant has been admitted to Xiamen University.
Application guidelines for bachelor’s degree programs:
Application guidelines for master’s degree programs:
Application guidelines for doctoral degree programs:
Applicants are required to apply online at and upload the scan copy of Application Form for Fujian Provincial Government Scholarships (). The Scholarships Application Form should be completed in Chinese or English and signed by the applicant.
(1) Applicants are expected to submit a complete set of application materials and will be held responsible for the authenticity of their documents. Incomplete or forged application materials will be rejected.
(2) Applicants are expected to keep their phones on, check their email and online application account regularly as XMU's Admissions Office will contact them when necessary.
IX. Selection and Notification
A comprehensive review will be conducted on applicant’s academic record, language proficiency, overall merits, research achievements and their prospective supervisor’s comments. The shortlisted candidates will be submitted to the Fujian Provincial Department of Education for final approval. The final results will be published at in mid-September. Scholarships awardees will be notified via email.
X. Contact Information
Admissions Office of Xiamen University
Add.: 422 South Siming Road, Xiamen, Fujian Province, China (Postcode: 361005)
Tel: +86 (0)592 2184792/2188375
Fax: +86 (0) 592 2180256