Fujian Provincial Govt. Scholarship
Application Guide to Fujian Provincial Government Scholarships for 2021
In 2012, in an effort to further strengthen the educational exchange and cooperation between Fujian Province and the rest of the world, and to promote healthy development of the education for international students, Fujian provincial government set up scholarships for international students studying in degree programs.
1. Applicants must be non-Chinese citizens in good health.
2. Educational background and age limits (as of September 1, 2021):
(1) Bachelor's programs: hold a high school diploma or above and be under the age of 30;
(2) Master's programs: hold a bachelor's degree or above and be under the age of 35;
(3) Doctoral programs: hold a master's degree or above and be under the age of 40.
III. Academic Programs
XMU Bachelor's Programs on Offer for 2021 Entry:
XMU Master's Programs on Offer for 2021 Entry:
XMU Doctoral Programs on Offer for 2021 Entry:
IV. Scholarships Quota (New students): About 20. To be determined.
V. Scholarships Coverage and Duration
1. Standard of scholarships: RMB 30,000/year for bachelor's programs; RMB 40,000/year for master's programs; RMB 50,000/year for doctoral programs.
2. Distribution of scholarships: Scholarships awardees of the 2021 cohort need to first complete registration as a self-supporting new student, and pay all the fees required for study within the stipulated time. The University will return the relevant fees that were originally paid by the recipients in accordance with the scholarships' content in around 2022 Spring.
3. Duration of scholarships: 1 year.
The University will select the best candidates from the pool of students who have passed the review to apply for the scholarship again in the following year. The shortlisted candidates will be submitted to the Fujian Provincial Department of Education for final approval.
VI. Application Period: February 1 to April 15, 2021.
VIII. Application Procedures
Application for the Scholarships will be considered only after the applicant has been admitted to Xiamen University.
Application Guide to Bachelor's Programs for 2021:
Application Guide to Master's Programs for 2021:
Application Guide to Doctoral Programs for 2021:
Applicants shall complete online application at and upload the scan copy of Application Form for Fujian Provincial Government Scholarships (). The Scholarships Application Form should be completed in Chinese or English and signed by the applicant. There is no need to mail paper application materials.
1. Applicants are expected to submit a complete set of application materials and will be held responsible for the authenticity of their documents. Incomplete or forged application materials will be rejected.
2. Applicants are expected to keep their phones on, check their email and online application account regularly as XMU's Admissions Office will contact them when necessary.
IX. Selection and Notification
Applications for the scholarships will be evaluated on a competitive basis through an open, fair and impartial process. A comprehensive review will be conducted on applicants' academic record, language proficiency, overall merits, research achievements and their prospective supervisor's comments. The shortlisted candidates will be submitted to the Fujian Provincial Department of Education for final approval.
The final results will be published at https://admissions.xmu.edu.cn.
X. Contact Information
Add.: XMU's Admissions Office, Fujian Province, China (Postcode: 361005)
Tel: 0086 (0)592 2184792/2188375
Fax: 0086 (0)592 2180256
XI. More Information
1. The English version of this Guide is provided for reference and as a general guide ONLY. In case of any discrepancy between the English and Chinese versions, the Chinese version shall prevail. This Guide may not be reproduced without authorization.
2. This application guide may be adjusted by the latest notice from the competent department of scholarship or the requirements of our university. So please refer to the latest version of application guide.