Xiamen Tan Kah Kee Scholarships
Application Guide to Xiamen Tan Kah Kee Scholarships for 2020
(For ethnic Chinese from countries along the Maritime Silk Road)
To promote the legacy of Mr. Tan Kah Kee, the Flag of Overseas Chinese and the Glory of the Nation, foster the Tan Kah Kee spirit in entrepreneurship and dedication to education, and attract outstanding ethnic Chinese to study at Xiamen, Xiamen Tan Kah Kee Education Foundation set up the Xiamen Tan Kah Kee Scholarships and appointed Xiamen University as one of the institutes accepting international degree students under this scholarships program.
1. Applicants must be ethnic Chinese from countries along the Maritime Silk Road (particularly in Southeast Asia), and possess a valid foreign regular passport.
2. Applicants shall adhere to the One China Principle, be friendly to their mother country, abide by the laws and regulations of the Chinese Government, and be in good health.
3. Educational background and age limits (as of September 1, 2020):
(1) Bachelor's programs: hold a high school diploma or above and be under the age of 30;
(2) Master's programs: hold a bachelor's degree or above and be under the age of 35;
(3) Doctoral programs: hold a master's degree or above and be under the age of 40.
(1) Applicants who have been awarded any other scholarship are not eligible for Xiamen Tan Kah Kee Scholarships.
(2) Foreign citizens of Chinese origin (including former Chinese citizens who have obtained foreign citizenships, as well as the non-Chinese descendants of present or former Chinese citizens) only after being officially recognized by the Division of Exit and Entry Administration of Public Security Bureau as foreign citizens, can they apply for Residence Permit in China and register their academic records as international students. Please refer to the Instructions for Citizenship Certification (https://admissions.xmu.edu.cn/cn/16975/list.htm) for more information.
III. Academic Programs: All Chinese-medium degree programs.
XMU Bachelor's Programs on Offer for 2020 Entry:
XMU Master's Programs on Offer for 2020 Entry:
XMU Doctoral Programs on Offer for 2020 Entry:
Note: Applicants for bachelor's program under Overseas Education College need to have a Chinese proficiency certificate of HSK band 4 with a score of 210 or above.
IV. Duration of Scholarships
1. Bachelor's programs: 4 or 5 years;
2. Master's programs: 2 or 3 years;
3. Doctoral programs: 4 years.
Note: Scholarship recipients shall participate in the annual review in accordance with the relevant management regulations of the scholarships. Those who pass the review can continue to apply for or enjoy the scholarships in the next academic year. Those who fail the review will be suspended or disqualified from the scholarships. The specific regulations and methods of the annual review shall be subject to the latest notice issued in the current year.
V. Scholarships Quota: 30 for bachelor's programs, 20 for master's programs and 3-5 for doctoral programs.
Note: Final quota will be determined by Xiamen Tan Kah Kee Scholarships Committee.
VI. Scholarships Coverage
1. Standard of scholarships: RMB 50,000/year for bachelor's programs; RMB 60,000/year for master's programs; RMB 70,000/year for doctoral programs.
2. Distribution of scholarships: Scholarships will be first used for deducting tuition fee and insurance, and the rest will be issued monthly.
Note: If living on campus, scholarship recipients need to pay the on-campus accommodation fee and utility costs according to the University's regulations.
VII. Application Period: February 1 to April 15, 2020.
VIII. Application Procedures
Application for the Scholarships will be considered only after the applicant has been admitted to Xiamen University.
Applicants shall complete online application athttp://application.xmu.edu.cn and upload the scan copy of Application Form for Xiamen Tan Kah Kee Scholarships and Certification of Chinese Origin (https://admissions.xmu.edu.cn/16898/list.htm). The Application Form for Xiamen Tan Kah Kee Scholarships should be completed in Chinese or English with handwritten signature from the applicant. The Certification of Chinese Origin should bear the stamp of the recommending organization and handwritten signature from the person in charge. There is no need to mail paper documents.
(1) Applicants are expected to keep their phones open, check their email and online application account regularly as XMU's Admissions Office will contact them when necessary.
(2) Applicants are expected to submit a complete set of application materials and will be held responsible for the authenticity of their documents. Incomplete or forged application materials will be rejected.
IX. Selection and Notification
Applications for the scholarships will be evaluated on a competitive basis through an open, fair and impartial process. XMU will prepare a short-list of candidates for the scholarships and submit it to the Xiamen Tan Kah Kee Education Foundation for evaluation and then to the Xiamen Tan Kah Kee Scholarships Committee for approval. Scholarship decisions will be made on the basis of the applicants' academic performance, language proficiency, research competence, letters of recommendation and overall merits.
The final results will be published at https://admissions.xmu.edu.cn in mid-July. Scholarships awardees will be notified via email. Admission Notices and Visa Application Forms for Study (JW202) will be sent out afterwards.
X. Contact Information
Add.: XMU's Admissions Office, Fujian Province, China (Postcode: 361005)
Tel: 0086 (0)592 2184792/2188375
Fax: 0086 (0)592 2180256