Chinese Govt Scholarship
Chinese Govt. Scholarships
Date: 2019-12-19 Views:82281
Application Guide to Chinese Government Scholarships-Chinese University Program for 2021
The Chinese Government Scholarships-Chinese University Program, a full scholarship set up by China's Ministry of Education in 2008, is aimed at promoting Chinese higher education brand on an international basis. Xiamen University is one of the prestigious universities designated to recruit international students to study in postgraduate degree programs under this scholarship scheme.
1. Applicants must meet the requirements of the repective programs they are applying for.
2. Educational background and age limits (as of September 1, 2021):
(1) Master's programs: hold a bachelor's degree or above and be under the age of 35;
(2) Doctoral programs: hold a master's degree or above and be under the age of 40.
3. Applicants who apply for Master of Teaching Chinese to Speakers of Other Languages (MTCSOL) or programs of foreign language studies are not eligible.
III. Academic Programs: pending approval from China's Ministry of Education.
XMU Master's Programs on Offer for 2021 Entry:
XMU Doctoral Programs on Offer for 2021 Entry:
IV. Duration of Scholarships
1. Master's programs: 2 or 3 years;
2. Doctoral programs: 4 years.
(1) For those who have not met the entry requirements of Chinese proficiency level and wish to take remedial Chinese courses before the major study in Chinese, they should also present the HSK certificate when applying. Applicants for programs in the humanities, economics, management, law, arts and traditional Chinese medicine need to have a Chinese proficiency certificate of HSK band 4 with a score of 180 or above; applicants for programs in sciences, engineering and medicine need to have a certificate of HSK band 3 with a score of 180 or above. Only by passing the required HSK test within the first year and meeting the entry requirements of the relevant degree programs could they then start the major study.
(2) Scholarship recipients shall participate in the annual review in accordance with the relevant management regulations of the scholarships. Those who pass the review can continue to apply for or enjoy the scholarships in the next academic year. Those who fail the review will be suspended or disqualified from the scholarships. The specific regulations and methods of the annual review shall be subject to the latest notice issued in the current year.
V. Scholarships Quota: pending approval from China's Ministry of Education.
VI. Scholarships Coverage
1. Tuition fee;
2. On-campus accommodation fee oroff-campus accommodation monetary subsidy (RMB 700/month for master's programs; RMB 1,000/month for doctoral programs);
3. Living allowance (RMB 3,000/month for master's programs; RMB 3,500/month for doctoral programs);
4. Comprehensive medical insurance.
Note: Other expenses for study in China, such as international travel expenses, cost of physical examination, security deposit and utility costs for on-campus accommodation, and cost of course materials, should be borne by the scholarship recipients themselves.
VII. Application Period: February 1 to April 27, 2021.
Application for the Scholarships will be considered only after the applicant has been admitted to Xiamen University.
Application Guide to Doctoral Programs for 2021:
1. Applicants shall complete online application at (Program Category: Type B; Agency No. of XMU: 10384) and print out the Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarships. The Scholarships Application Form should be completed in Chinese or English and signed by the applicant.
2. Applicants shall complete another online application at and upload the scan copy of Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarships. There is no need to mail paper application materials.
(1) Applicants are expected to submit a complete set of application materials and will be held responsible for the authenticity of their documents. Incomplete or forged application materials will be rejected.
(2) Applicants are expected to keep their phones on, check their email and online application account regularly as XMU's Admissions Office will contact them when necessary.
IX. Selection and Notification
A comprehensive review will be conducted on applicant's academic record, language proficiency, overall merits, research achievements and their prospective supervisor's comments. The shortlisted candidates will be submitted to China Scholarship Council for final approval.
The final results will be published at https://admissions.xmu.edu.cn in early August.
X. Contact Information
Tel: 0086 (0)592 2184792/2188375
Fax: 0086 (0)592 2180256
XI. More Information
1. The English version of this Guide is provided for reference and as a general guide ONLY. In case of any discrepancy between the English and Chinese versions, the Chinese version shall prevail. This Guide may not be reproduced without authorization.
2. This application guide may be adjusted by the latest notice from the competent department of scholarship or the requirements of our university. So please refer to the latest version of application guide. For other information, please visit:
Application Guide to Doctoral Programs for 2021: