Call for Applications: International Student Ambassadors for the University Promotional Events in Winter Vacation 2019
Date: 2018-12-12 Views:10
In 1921, Mr. Tan Kah Kee, a renowned patriotic leader of overseas Chinese, founded Xiamen University (XMU), making it the first higher-learning institution established by overseas Chinese in the nation’s modern education history. XMU is supported by the “World-class University” and “World-class Discipline” Project, conducted by China’s Ministry of Education in 2017. According to the U.S. News & World Report’s and others’ Global University Rankings, XMU is ranked top 14 among the over 2,000 universities in Mainland China. Nestled snugly between the hills and the sea, XMU is one of the most beautiful campuses in the world. Its long and proud tradition of scholarly excellence and its leadership in a broad range of disciplines have earned it a prestigious reputation as the “Strength of Southern China”.
I. About the Event
Currently, over 3,000 international students from over 130 countries and regions are studying at XMU, of whom over 1,700 are degree students. To enhance the sense of respecting and loving the university, to reveal XMU’s commitment to internationalization, the Admissions Office, Overseas Students Affairs Office and Youth League Committee have initiated a program to encourage the international students to participate in the University Promotional Events in winter vacation.
We invite international students to become a bridge and promote the friendships between XMU and their home high school. International students can use the winter vacation to visit the home high school and organize various kinds of University Promotional Events. By introducing XMU, the application procedures and scholarships policies, international students can then encourage their junior schoolmates to apply for XMU.
1. Undergraduate international students who are going to return to their home countries during the winter vacations; postgraduates are also welcomed.
2. International students who love XMU and display a willingness to participate in the University Promotional Events.
3. International students who are open-minded and have strong communication and coordination skills.
4. International students who have previous experience in University Promotional Events will be given a priority.
III. Key Responsibilities
1. To hold information session at high school to share your own life and study experience in XMU through photos, videos, PowerPoints and other creative ways; show XMU’s commitment to internationalization.
2. To communicate with the principal or counselling director from the high school; To introduce XMU’s Key disciplines, internationalization and open-ended education, policies of talents trainings, study programs and scholarships; To encourage the high school to recommend more excellent students to apply for XMU.
3. To provide application information and instructions to prospective students through WeChat, WhatsApp, Facebook, Line and other social platforms.
4. To email the Feedback Form, event photos, reports and other related electronic materials of the promotional events to email@example.com within two weeks after the spring semester starts in March 2019.
IV. Benefits and Rewards
1.Certificate of “International Student Ambassador” Award
You can earn the certificate of “International Student Ambassador” Award if the achievement passes the review.
2. Show Your Charm
You can share your own life and study experience in XMU with teachers and students in your high school.
3. Improve Your Skills
You can practice skills in organizing events, social contacts, public speech, and making PowerPoints.
4. Specialized Training
You can have specialized training in admission policy, university culture and administrative features.
5. Souvenir Gifts
You can get the XMU prospectus, bookmarks, hand-drawn maps, T-shirt etc. for the promotional events.
6. Become a Key Ambassador
You may have more opportunity to participate in University’s other foreign receptions and make your resume stand out from the crowd.
V. Selection Procedure
Application Deadline: December 24, 2018.
Please click https://www.wjx.top/jq/32025275.aspx to submit your application. Candidates will be shortlisted for the interview in late December, 2018. The final list will be published in early January 2019, and specialized training will be held later.
VI. Contact Information
l XMU Admissions Office
Tel: 0086-592-2184792 Fax: 0086-592-2180256
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Web: http://admissions.xmu.edu.cn
l XMU Overseas Students Affairs Office
Tel: 0086-592-2183606 Fax: 0086-592-2183663
Email: email@example.com Web: http://xsc.xmu.edu.cn
l XMU Youth League Committee
Tel: 0086-592-2185575 Fax: 0086-592-2186206
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Web: http://tw.xmu.edu.cn